best free website maker

Historic Facts

Milestones

1911

The company was founded by Axel Mauritz Arvidsson, a towboat Captain returning home, from Galveston,Texas, USA. The company´s first location was a stand, situated in Gamle Varvet, today´s Stigbergskajen.

1912

The company moves to the warehouse of Swedish East India Company. The building is then also the office of the harbour pilots, today it is known as the restaurant “Sjömagasinet”.

1939

AM Arvidson passes away and his widow Rosa Arvidsson and their sons Georg, Ingemar and Sven-Rune 27, 23 and 21 year old, take over the company.

1974

Sven-Rune Arvidson passes away. Georg Arvidsson leaves the company and converts into a limited company, AB Klippans Båtmansstation. Thomas Arvidson enters as CEO, 26 years old.

1983

The company is forced to move. The new establishment will be just across the street in the "Corps de Logi", also a building from the Swedish EastIndia Company. The newbuilding “Båtman 2”, is delivered from shipyard Börjessons Plåt och Svets.

1990

Klippans Hamnservice AB is founded and works as a parent company in combination with AB Klippans Båtmansstation as a affiliated company. The companies are owned 100 % by Thomas Arvidson.

1997

The company become a member of the European Boatmen´s Association.

2005

Magnus Arvidson becomes the 4th generation CEO, 29 year old.

2007

New type of working boat "Boatman 1" is delivered from a shipyard in Poland.

2010

New building “Boatman 9” is delivered from a shipyard in Poland..

2016

AB Klippans Båtmansstation has been awarded Enironmental certification according to ISO 14001:2015 and also since 1997 awarded Quality certification according to ISO 9001:2015

2018

New winch trucks with quiet, environmentally friendly and exhaust-free winch powered by eight 6-volts batteries.